Have you started your Christmas House Cleaning yet?
If by chance you have kids, no doubt you’re getting the daily countdown of how many days left until Christmas- only 15 more in case you’re wondering.
So we started doing our annual Christmas house cleaning. Going through closets and toy chests. Figuring out which toys to keep, which ones to donate to charity… and which ones would be an insult to charity.
Feels great not to be afraid to open the ‘scary’ closet anymore.
I’ve done the same type of Christmas House Cleaning with my email accounts, too. I realized I’ve wasted about 30 minutes/day just deleting emails that I don’t even want to read. What a complete waste of time.
So I spent 30 minutes this morning ‘unsubscribing’ from all those newsletters and ads that I can really do without.
Basically, I just re-claimed an extra 4-5 hours/week of my life. AWESOME.
I wish our government understood this concept of house cleaning. All this talk about super-committees and cuts and taxes and entitlements… it’s enough to give me gas.
I don’t see what’s so hard about it- if you don’t have the money, don’t spend it. That’s the rule everyone in the real world has to live by. Our government tends to forget this basic rule because they’re not spending their own money – they’re spending ours.
For cryin’ out loud, even Chuck Woolery and his crack committee of monkeys have this house cleaning stuff all worked out, and it only took them about 10 minutes-
Get your Christmas House Cleaning done. Clear out the clutter. Start fresh for 2012.
Our kids will survive without the 10 extra toys with the 37 missing pieces. We’ll survive without all the clutter on our desk and on our hard-drives.
Then pass this on to everyone you know and let’s do some good ol’ fashioned house cleaning in our government next year.
Make it a great day, and…
Most Recent Elevations…
- Daily Dose of Reality – You’re On Your Own?
- What The Hell is Going On in Our Schools?
- The Daily Dose of News You Wish You Didn’t Need
- Daily Dose of Basic Math – Wealth Inequality in America
- Daily Wake Up Call – March 4, 2013
- Daily Elevation – Zig Ziglar dies… Record Powerball Jackpot craziness…
- Weekly Elevation – the Made in USA Challenge and other very cool stuff…
- Elevation – Turning 40… the big “4-0″
- Elevation… MJ, the Power of Words and Playing it “Safe…”
- Elevation – Pumpkin muffins and rock walls that talk…