The National Debt De-Constructed.
I saw a very cool video today. Unless you live on Mars, you know our country is facing a huge debt problem.
Did you ever hear the joke,
“Hey, how do you know when the elephant has been in the refrigerator? From the footprints in the butter.”
Folks, the footprints are in the butter and he knocked over the milk, too.
Liberals and conservatives have different approaches to this national debt problem.
The liberal wants to “Tax the rich! Make them pay their ‘fair share’!”
The conservative wants to “Cut spending!”
Tony Robbins looks at BOTH of these approaches and de-constructs the national debt problem by looking at the 2012 budget that President Obama and Congress just put forward. Talk about an eye-opener…
YOU decide if we can continue on this path…
Here’s the video, and I put a few of the highlights down below so you can follow along…
2012 Budget Proposal – $3,790,000,000,000 ($3.79 TRILLION), or approx. $10.4 BILLION/day to run the U.S.A.
- Tax 100% of the profits of the 2 “evilest” corporations, Exxon and Wal-Mart. Their combined 2011 profits were $46.7 billion. This will fund the U.S.A. from Jan 1, 2012, to about noon on Jan 5th.
- Tax 100% of the profits of the rest of the Fortune 500 companies in the U.S. Total profits of $567 Billion. This will last the U.S. until about February 28th.
- Let’s grab ALL the money spent on Super Bowl advertisements this last year. Approx. $200M. That will only fund the U.S. for about 28 minutes. So let’s institute a “tax” on all the advertising for the previous 46 Super Bowls, 100% of this money, which amounts to $5.2 Billion, which will last us ’til noon on Feb 29th.
We need more money!
- Let’s start soaking the rich. Let’s tax 100% of the salaries of all thing the “rich” athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL. Heck, why stop there, let’s go get the PGA and NASCAR, too. 100% of everything they make. That will only bring us $10.1 billion… not enough to even fund the U.S. for a single day.
- We better go after ALL the “rich”, right? Let’s tax 100% of the income of anyone making $250K/year. According to the U.S. Census, that’s approx. 2,350, 760 households, and would bring in approx. $1.363 trillion, which funds the U.S. govt until July 10th.
Now we’re talkin’, right? But we still have to come up with a way to fund the U.S. govt for another 6 months…
- How about ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan overnight? That would save us $117 billion. That gets us til July 21st. (Personally, this is the first idea I’d agree with!)
Where are we going to come up with more money???
- I know, let’s take Star Wars. They’ve greedily raked in almost $27 billion in profits over the last 35 years. Not fair, right? Let’s institute a retroactive tax on 100% of their profits – movies, action figures, lunch boxes, everything…
That only gets us to July 24th…
- Let’s stick with “greedy” Hollywood. There are approx. 15,o00 homes in Beverly Hills. Let’s kick out the “rich” owners and confiscate their homes. We’ll sell them at their average market value of $3.2M each. That will bring us $48 billion… which only gets us another 5 days of U.S. govt spending, ’til July 29th.
(Are you starting to see the picture?? Let’s keep going… dang, this is painful)
- Michael Moore says the rich need to pay even more. Let’s take the 2 richest liberals, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, with a combined net worth of about $100 billion. We’ll arrange for an “accident”. Then we’ll institute a 50% inheritance tax, which will bring in another $50B… which only lasts until August 2nd.
- Ok, let’s get serious. Let’s go after the rest of the U.S. Forbes 400 billionaires. Let’s arrange another 398 “accidents”, enforce a 50% inheritance tax, and rake in another $700 billion! That gets us all the way til October 9th.
We’re almost home!
- Heck, while we’re at it, let’s go after the next 100 “almost billionaires” (what do they need all that money for???), arrange some more “accidents”, enforce our new inheritance tax and take everything they have.
That gets us all the way to November 10th. We’re in the home stretch!
- Time to play “Scrooge”. Everyone needs to sacrifice their Christmas. The govt needs to confiscate 100% of the money that you and every other American would spend on frivolous Christmas shopping. This will net the U.S. Govt another $469 BILLION.
But this only gets us ’til December 25th. Merry Christmas from Uncle Sam!
- What if we cut off all foreign aid of any kind to any nation? That will save us another $53 Billion and gets us to December 30th. Only a couple days left! (Personally, I wonder why we’re subsidizing all these other countries and their puppet dictators anyways…)
- Not much else we can “steal”, so time for every man, woman and child to pony up a check for $44. Just make it out to “Uncle Sam”. This will cover the remaining $13.8 Billion necessary to fund the U.S. govt for all of 2012.
We did it, right? Or did we?
How are we going to fund 2013? 2014?
What do we have left? We’ve killed all the “greedy” corporations and small businesses. We’ve killed off the millions of jobs they create, destroyed their companies and all the products/food/services they produce and put them ALL out of business. We’ve taken all their assets, holdings, revenues, salaries, etc. No more sports, no more charitable aid, nothing, we’ve taken it all…
Oops…looks more like we’ve killed the Golden Goose. No more golden eggs.
Folks, come to your own conclusions. I’ve come to mine. Our government is too big. Too costly. Too inefficient. And it’s only growing…literally by the second.
I’m supporting the ONE candidate who’s track record actually matches his speeches. The ONE candidate with an actual plan to cut down big government and return the power to the people.
If you need to ask who this is… perhaps you haven’t been paying enough attention.
Our country is at stake. This means yours. Your children’s. Your grandchildren.
It’s time to elevate our thinking or we won’t have one left.
P.S. If you like this information, please share with everyone you can.
Most Recent Elevations…
- Daily Dose of Reality – You’re On Your Own?
- What The Hell is Going On in Our Schools?
- The Daily Dose of News You Wish You Didn’t Need
- Daily Dose of Basic Math – Wealth Inequality in America
- Daily Wake Up Call – March 4, 2013
- Daily Elevation – Zig Ziglar dies… Record Powerball Jackpot craziness…
- Weekly Elevation – the Made in USA Challenge and other very cool stuff…
- Elevation – Turning 40… the big “4-0″
- Elevation… MJ, the Power of Words and Playing it “Safe…”
- Elevation – Pumpkin muffins and rock walls that talk…