We watch it by the millions. We live vicariously through it. We plan our lives around it. We plan our TIVO’s and DVR’s around it.
Every channel now has at least a dozen different Reality TV shows. And for the most part, it’s all good… but here’s the question to ask ourselves-
How does your own life compare to Reality TV? Which would you rather watch? Which would others rather watch?
If you get more excited about the next episode of American Idol than you do about your own life, (and if that thought scares you even a little bit…) take 4 minutes right now to watch this clip.
Nothing wrong with watching American Idol (my 10-year old loves it!) Nothing wrong with Top Chef.
But stop throwing things at the TV when your guy or gal gets booted, and start taking your own life more seriously than you do the lives of others.
Make it a great day, and as always…
Most Recent Elevations…
- Daily Dose of Reality – You’re On Your Own?
- What The Hell is Going On in Our Schools?
- The Daily Dose of News You Wish You Didn’t Need
- Daily Dose of Basic Math – Wealth Inequality in America
- Daily Wake Up Call – March 4, 2013
- Daily Elevation – Zig Ziglar dies… Record Powerball Jackpot craziness…
- Weekly Elevation – the Made in USA Challenge and other very cool stuff…
- Elevation – Turning 40… the big “4-0″
- Elevation… MJ, the Power of Words and Playing it “Safe…”
- Elevation – Pumpkin muffins and rock walls that talk…